For most people, designing a home is a dream come true. However, a lot of effort is required before a house truly becomes a home, a place where you feel at ease and where your individuality is reflected. Natural light is one of the qualities that enhances the appeal of a home. Installing sliding glass doors is one of the finest methods to ensure that your home receives plenty of natural light. They let you mix the luxury of your home with a stunning view of the surrounding environment. However, in addition to the numerous advantages, obtaining window coverings for sliding doors can also be a struggle.
Like any other homeowner, there is a need to choose the right blinds for your sliding doors. After all, beauty should not be compromised for convenience and practicality. In this article, we have rounded up the 5 types of blinds that are best suited for sliding doors. Read on!
For wide windows or patio doors, vertical blinds are great. They can also be used as a substitute for drapes or curtains. To regulate light and privacy, vertical blinds include large slats that can be tilted or closed. Vertical blinds are long-lasting and can cover large areas, but their utilitarian design isn’t for everyone.
Vertical blinds are a timeless piece for sliding doors, and they’re the best option if you value functionality. They have slats that run vertically rather than horizontally, making it simple to open them and use your patio door. Blinds from Wholesale Blind Factory come in a variety of fabrics, colors, and textures that are perfect for patio doors and large windows. Our vertical blinds’ defining features imply low-maintenance cleanliness and uncomplicated functionality. Vertical blinds can add visual height to a room while also controlling light and privacy on difficult-to-fit windows and sliding glass doors.
A classic favorite, the roller shades is a practical solution to sliding door blinds because of their versatility and high usability. These shades can easily be lowered and raised according to the amount of privacy or light that you want. Roller shades give every place a sophisticated appearance. They are low-maintenance and easy to care for. Roller Shades can control the amount of sunlight entering your room, keeping it cool and shaded while also offering an extra layer of warmth in the colder months. Wholesale Blind Factory specializes in customizing Roller Shades in a wide range of colors, patterns, and fabrics. There’s something to suit every style. Automation is an option for roller blinds, which means they can be motorized so that raising and lowering your shades is as simple as pressing a button.
For centuries, roman shades for doorways have been used. Even if the shapes and styles have evolved, the timeless attraction of these hues is undeniable. Roman shades are fabric-based window coverings and door treatments that are raised and lowered with a pull cord. One of the most significant advantages you will gain from them is their everlasting beauty and style. These pieces have been around for decades and continue to exude a certain amount of sophistication.
Roman Shades are an ideal window treatment choice for sliding and patio doors because they are sleek, classy, and extremely functional. When the shade is lowered, the bottom fold ensures a clean look, and when the shade is lifted, the bottom fold ensures a nice stack. In addition, these blinds are also practical for everyday use, making them ideal for high-traffic areas.
Curtain and draperies
Blocking light is a primary consideration for window coverings in places that receive bright sunshine, such as a room with south-facing sliding doors. For your sliding doors, use lined curtains that will effectively screen the sun’s rays during the day. This keeps your home cooler during the hot summer months and protects your items from sun damage or fading, such as area rugs and upholstered furniture.
Draperies for sliding glass doors can give a room a more formal feel. Black-and-white striped curtains flank black sliding doors in this room. The living room is crowned with dramatic elegance thanks to a large white cornice with black trim that spans from wall to wall. Wondering what benefits can you get from choosing draperies for your sliding doors? We’ve found the top 5 benefits.
Benefits of draperies
- They offer thermal comfort. Yes, we reside in Canada, where cold weather is common. This is where draperies work to your advantage. On the other hand, they are fantastic at keeping your conditioned air in rather than letting sunlight and outside heat warm up your home through the window.
- They are also versatile and can bind the design of your room. Our custom curtains are made to fit the entire room or location. This means a drab space can be brought to life, and the money you’ve spent on furniture or wall hangings will finally be put to good use. Using draperies in numerous rooms also helps to bring your home’s design components together.
- They can easily fit into anything. Of course, you can buy generic draperies in a variety of colors or materials at a department store, but they will never be as good as drapes tailored to your personality, your home’s measurements, and your overall “look.” Working with our professionals ensures that you get exactly what you want and that the drapes fit your windows.
- They elevate the look of your room and also your mood. Draperies for window coverings aren’t only for show—they can actually alter your mood at home! Homeowners’ spirits are lifted when they live in a space that is beautiful, cozy, and complete.
- They are unexpectedly durable. Custom window draperies and top treatments can last up to two or three times longer than store-bought curtains. Our expert craftsmanship will outlast the competition.
Honeycomb shades, also known as cellular shades, are made up of hexagonal cells arranged in a honeycomb-like pattern. They provide excellent insulation and prevent a significant quantity of heat from entering the house. Cellular shades for sliding glass doors are all you need if you live in a hot and humid climate or if your sliding glass door is exposed to direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day. Honeycomb shades have a high insulating capacity, which can help you save a lot of money on your energy expenses. They are available in horizontal and vertical configurations. You can open or close them as needed depending on the situation. They also come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and patterns. Check out Wholesale Blind Factory for a large selection of window coverings and shades.
Now that you know the best window blinds Canada has in store for you, make sure you are working with the right team to guide you. If you are thinking of renovating your home and revamping your windows in accordance with your sliding doors, we are here to help. Our team at Wholesale Blind Factory can help you with choosing the right door window blinds that your home needs. We are using the highest quality materials for our blinds and shades. Our solutions are up-to-date and we ensure a workmanship guarantee. Give us a call on 📞 (604) 942-4201 today and get started with our finest window blinds installation. We will make sure that your window coverings are working properly and efficiently for the longest time.