Experiencing problems with your automated blinds and shades? Wholesale Blind Factory experts can help you!
Problems with home automation can happen at any time. This can give you more unexpected expenses in repair costs as well as damage to your system at home. We don’t want that to happen, but there are factors that we cannot control. If you are having problems with your Somfy-powered blinds and shades, or if they are not working, here are some solutions to try in in the meantime.
Don’t fret! Check first the remote and see if the LED illuminates when a button is pressed. For most times, the problem with any Somfuy-motorized product lies in fixing a battery change. If it still does not fix anything, you can try the up, down, or “my” button on the remote and continue to monitor the LED lighting display. If the LED does not light up, replace the battery in the remote and check if the monitor is receiving any power. We have rounded up a brief list here that you can check if replacing a battery does not do the trick:
- Check the batteries inside the remote if they are properly placed. Make sure the batteries are connecting with the spring.
- Check if the end caps of the batteries are secure and tight
- Buy new batteries as the batteries you have may have internal issues
- Check the connection of the battery to the motor
Somfy awning remote troubleshooting
This requires a lot of patience, but if this leads to an unsuccessful attempt, we recommend contacting a professional team of Somfy specialists to sort this out for you
If checking the batteries are not enough, move to check the motor. The motor is an important feature that controls your blinds and shades, that’s why checking its condition from time to time may give you the opportunity to assess if problems are arising from such. To check the motor, you can:
- Unplug and plug the motor back in. Check if there is a restored operation, if not, see the next step
- Check the power at the outlet or any power source. If you notice a power present, plug the motor into a different outlet
- For motors containing mechanical push-button limits, you can reset them by pressing the buttons. Check the motor again, and if the motor responds, set the limits. But if it doesn’t, see the next step
- Press the up and down buttons at the same time, and if the motor “jog”, unplug it and plug it back in again. Note that a jog is an in and out movement of the motor which can be brief in nature.
- Try to reset the motor to factory mode. Unplug it for a couple of seconds and take a much longer time when you plug it again. Do this for two successions. If there is movement from the motor, wait for 5 seconds and then press and hold the proagram button on the remote. Press the button for 15 seconds.
- If the previous step does not work, consult a Somfy specialist as the motor my be undergoing a thermal shutdown. If it does, you can take about 15 minutes to cool it down.
Wholesale Blind Factory Support
The best thing that you can do is to contact a team of Somfy specialists. The Wholesale Blind Factory offers expert knowledge on Somfy products. If you need professional help as both your shades and blinds won’t turn, contact us today and we will walk you through the process for an easy experience in restoring your motorized blinds and shades to working condition.
The team at Wholesale Blind Factory specializes in providing quality and authentic Somfy products for years. As such, we offer FREE in-home consultation and a warranty of 5 years on all motors and controls is also secured for your peace of mind in the long run.
We make sure that the Somfy products that we provide are free from defects, both in material and workmanship. We only use the highest industry-grade components available and our hardware is made of flame-retardant material that are great investments for your home. So, if you are experiencing problems with your motorized Somfy blinds and shades, we have the right solutions for you!